A 10-year resident at Pullman Point and a born-and-bred Richmonder, Rhonda Higgs is a proud mother of three and loving grandmother of two. In fact, her greatest joy in life is spending time with her granddaughters—four-year-old Azaria and eight-year-old Alayjiah.
“We go to art shows, Disney on Ice, ice skating in San Francisco, and do lots of other fun things,” Higgs says, also mentioning side trips to Antioch for some roller-skating adventures as another big highlight.
When she’s not spending quality time with the grandkids, Higgs works at doing in-home care and also enjoys outings of her own and with friends. She especially likes getting into Berkeley when the weather is nice, and also takes a regular morning walk along the Richmond Marina with friends, an ‘early-bird’ escape that Higgs finds an ideal way to greet the day. Trips to the Ashby flea market are another favorite pastime.
An ’82 graduate of El Cerrito High, some of her favorite memories from her school days include starring on the track team, where Higgs shined at events such as the relay and hurdles.
The longtime Pullman resident says parking can be an issue in the housing community, but she enjoys living there—especially the serenity.
“I like how nice and quiet it is,” she says.
Twelve Questions—Rhonda Higgs
- Favorite unknown gem of Richmond: The Marina, where she walks every morning.
- Favorite eatery in area: Little Louie’s in Point Richmond.
- Person who has inspired you the most in life: My children.
- Favorite celebrity: Kevin Hart.
- Favorite animal: Yorkshire Terrier (‘Yorkie’).
- Favorite hobby: Bingo.
- Favorite place to visit: San Francisco.
- Favorite artist or musician: R. Kelly.
- Movie you’d recommend to a friend: Fences with Denzel Washington and Viola Davis.
- Favorite historical figure: Barack Obama.
- Best advice ever received: Stay to yourself and keep out of other people’s business.
- Favorite thing about Richmond: There’s so much, I can’t tell you.